Total Performer Workshop 2019
featuring Casting Director Rachel Hoffman, CSA of Tesley + Company
THE RALEIGH BOYCHOIR CENTRE
1329 RIDGE ROAD, RALEIGH 27607
This workshop will present the full scope of what the total performer really is – from start to ﬁnish –
with in-depth discussion and demonstration of auditioning and performing.
Participants will perform and receive:
- A small group session with guest clinician, Rachel Hoffman, CSA of Telsey + Company
- Individual critique and coaching
- Top recommendations and “tips” for performers and thoughts on career options in the entertainment industry
- Information on professional casting, audition techniques, song selection, musical styles, and lyric interpretation.
- Explore what makes you unique and marketable!
- Be prepared to sing your best 32 bars and/or perform a 1 minute monologue. Bring sheet music; accompanist is provided
- Participants are encouraged to bring resumes, photographs or headshots
Sunday, November 17, 2019 For grade 5 – college/young adult
Rachel Hoffman CSA, has worked in casting since 1999. Current and upcoming Broadway and Tours include Beetlejuice, Frozen, Come From Away (for which she won an Artios Award), Diana, and MJ. Past Broadway/Touring productions: Escape to Margaritaville, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, An American In Paris, The Sound of Music, Memphis, Bring It On, Hands On A Hardbody (Artios Award), First Date, Rock of Ages, Spider-Man, How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Regional/Off-Broadway productions include: The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company; upcoming), Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (The New Group), Becoming Nancy (Alliance Theatre), Love In Hate Nation (Two River Theatre), Found (Atlantic Theater Company), Brigadoon, The Music Man, and The Jungle Book (Goodman Theatre), Guys & Dolls and Candide (Carnegie Hall), and The Great American Mousical (directed by Julie Andrews at the Goodspeed Opera House), Bat Boy: the Musical (Off Broadway production), Altar Boyz, and Godspell (2000 Off-Broadway Revival). Regionally, she casts productions for Williamstown Theatre Festival, New York Stage & Film, La Jolla Playhouse, The Goodman Theatre, St. Louis Muny, and the Paper Mill Playhouse. She previously served on the board of the Casting Society of America, and is currently a faculty member at Ball State University, at the University of Michigan’s summer musical theatre program MPulse, and the Broadway Dreams Foundation. She received her BFA in Musical Theatre from the University of Michigan.